Saturday, September 15, 2012

Vanishing Honeybees


Bees are vanishing "how does it impact America's food supply? This documentary explores how the deaths of millions of bees threaten the livelihoods of many beekeepers and the nation's crops." [quote from Netflix movie description of Colony]


We just watched Colony on Netflix tonight. Interesting. How many of you have seen it? What did you learn?


Vanishing of the BeesQueen of the Sun are also on our list to watch. Here are the trailers:




Queen of the Sun: What Are the Bees Telling Us?





I feel I have a better understanding of what honeybees do. How they not only effect our food supply but so much more. Now I want to plant a garden for bees or become a hobby beekeeper! It's not something that I'll be doing anytime soon, but maybe someday.

I recommend Vanishing of the Bees for family movie night. Homeschoolers consider watching these documentaries for health &/or science. We can learn so much from what the Lord has placed around us. God made the fascinating honeybees that I now have a new found interest in!

Since I've watched all 3 of these documentaries, I recommend if you can only watch one, learn from Vanishing of the Bees. At the end of Queen of the Sun: What Are the Bees Telling Us? they give a list of what you can do.


No comments: